Instructions for the Site Verification V1 Command-Line Sample
Register Your Application
- Visit the Google
- If this is your first time, click "Create project..."
- Otherwise, click on the drop down under the "Google apis" logo at
the top left, and click "Create..." under "Other projects"
- Click on "API Access", and then on "Create an OAuth 2.0 Client
- Enter a product name and click "Next".
- Select "Installed application" and click "Create client ID".
- In the newly created "Client ID for installed applications", click
"Download JSON" on the right side. Later on after you check out the sample
project, you will copy this downloaded file (e.g.
If you skip this step, when trying to run the sample you will get a
INVALID_CLIENT error in the browser.
Prerequisites: install Java 6, Mercurial, and Maven. You may need to
hg clone https://code.google.com/p/google-api-java-client.samples/ google-api-java-client-samples
cp ~/Downloads/client_secrets.json src/main/resources/client_secrets.json
mvn -q exec:java
To enable logging of HTTP requests and responses (highly recommended
when developing), please take a look at logging.properties.
Setup Project in Eclipse
Prerequisites: install Eclipse,
the Mercurial plugin, and the
- Setup Eclipse Preferences
- Window > Preferences... (or on Mac, Eclipse >
- Select Maven
- check on "Download Artifact Sources"
- check on "Download Artifact JavaDoc"
- File > Import...
- Select "General > Existing Project into Workspace" and click
- Click "Browse" next to "Select root directory", find
and click "Next"
- Click "Finish"
- Right-click on project siteVerification-cmdline-sample
- Run As > Java Application
- If asked, type "VerificationSample" and click OK