Instructions for the Google Bigquery App Engine Dashboard Sample
Browse Source Code
Register Your Application
- Visit the Google apis
- If this is your first time, click "Create project..."
- Otherwise, click on the drop down under the "Google apis" logo at the top left,
and click "Create..." under "Other projects".
- Click on "API Access", and then on "Create an OAuth 2.0 Client
- Enter a product name and click "Next".
- Select "Web application", select "more options" and enter some
redirect URIs, for example
"http://localhost:8888/oauth2callback". Click "Create client ID".
- In the newly created "Client ID for web applications", click
"Download JSON" on the right side. Later on after you check out the
sample project, you will copy this downloaded file (e.g.
Otherwise you would get a
400 INVALID_CLIENT error in
the browser when running the sample.
Prerequisites: install Java 6, Google App Engine,
and Maven. You may
need to set your
hg clone https://code.google.com/p/google-api-java-client.samples/ google-api-java-client-samples
cp ~/Downloads/client_secrets.json src/main/resources/client_secrets.json
mvn clean package
To enable logging of HTTP requests and responses (highly recommended
when developing), please take a look at logging.properties.
Setup Project in Eclipse
Prerequisites: install Eclipse,
Google Plugin for Eclipse, and
the Mercurial plugin.
- Setup Eclipse Preferences
- Window > Preferences... (or on Mac, Eclipse >
- Select Maven
- check on "Download Artifact Sources"
- check on "Download Artifact JavaDoc"
- File > Import...
- Select "General > Existing Project into Workspace" and click
- Click "Browse" next to "Select root directory", find
and click "Next"
- Click "Finish"
- NOTE: please ignore the "The App Engine SDK JAR * is missing in
the WEB-INF/lib directory" error messages.
- Right-click on project bigquery-appengine-sample
- Run As > Web Application
- I keep getting redirected to /denied! What do I do?
your client secret/ID are correctly set and that you re-installed
- I get a 403 Forbidden when trying to run my query. What causes
The user who is trying to run the query has to be added as a
team member to the project in the API console in order to access the data
associated with the project.
- I get a 404 when I run my query. What could be wrong?
sure you've added your API Console project ID to the appengine-web.xml.