Instructions for the Google Bigquery App Engine Dashboard Sample
Browse Source Code
Register Your Application
- Visit the Google Cloud
- If necessary, sign in to your Google Account, select or create a project,
and agree to the terms of service. Click Continue.
- Select the "Web Application" platform, and click Register.
- Within "OAuth 2.0 Client ID", click on "Download JSON". Later on, after you check
out the sample project, you will copy this downloaded file (e.g.
If you skip this step, when trying to run the sample you will get a
INVALID_CLIENT error in the browser.
- Within "OAuth 2.0 Client ID", in the "Redirect URI" field enter some
redirect URIs, for example
Prerequisites: install Java 6, Google App Engine,
and Maven. You may
need to set your
hg clone https://code.google.com/p/google-api-java-client.samples/ google-api-java-client-samples
cp ~/Downloads/client_secrets.json src/main/resources/client_secrets.json
mvn clean package
To enable logging of HTTP requests and responses (highly recommended
when developing), please take a look at logging.properties.
Running and Deploying Your Application from the Command Line
To run your application locally on a development server:
To deploy your application to appspot.com:
If this is the first time you are deploying your application to appspot.com, you will to perform the
following steps first.
- Go to https://appengine.google.com and create an application.
- Edit src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/appengine-web.xml, and enter the unique application identifier (you chose it in the prior step)
between the <application> tags.
If you've done the above, you can deploy at any time:
If this is the first time you have run "update" on the project, a browser window will open prompting you to log in.
Log in with the same Google account the app is registered with.
Setup Project in Eclipse
Prerequisites: install Eclipse,
Google Plugin for Eclipse, and
the Mercurial plugin.
- Setup Eclipse Preferences
- Window > Preferences... (or on Mac, Eclipse >
- Select Maven
- check on "Download Artifact Sources"
- check on "Download Artifact JavaDoc"
- File > Import...
- Select "General > Existing Project into Workspace" and click
- Click "Browse" next to "Select root directory", find
and click "Next"
- Click "Finish"
- NOTE: please ignore the "The App Engine SDK JAR * is missing in
the WEB-INF/lib directory" error messages.
- Right-click on project bigquery-appengine-sample
- Run As > Web Application
- I get a 403 Forbidden when trying to run my query. What causes
The user who is trying to run the query has to be added as a
team member to the project in the API console in order to access the data
associated with the project.
- I get a 404 when I run my query. What could be wrong?
sure you've added your API Console project ID to the appengine-web.xml.